View Single Post
Old Dec 22nd, 2016, 01:06   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Hallelejah!! Someone on my wavelength - At last! It took a Yank. And a Yank simply because like me, he's actaully done it. I mean actually driven his car.

Brits as a rule don't drive. Ask a Brit living in the SE of England to drive to Glasgow and he'll moan it's a long way. He might go down to the West country, (Devon & Cornwall) once a year on his hols. but that's it. 500 miles is 'long' way.
So he puts on go-faster bits etc etc which kinda admits he owns a car to park it. Because that tosh'd soon get on his nerves if he actaully did drive the thing.

To fellow Brits: Believe me, a Yank thinks nothing of a 4-5 hour drive - he has no choice. Many drive cross-country at 3-4000+ miles all in. Go on eBay.com (the Yank site) adn look at their galactic used car mileages!
Those Hollywood movies set in Motels are set in Motels because they exist. Now ask why?

Robert, here we routinely throw these cars away at 150-200,000 miles so most won't have the first clue what you or I are talking about. In fact 200K pretty is rare to see. Most hit the breaker's pile at 130ish because of minor issues and loss of snob value.

You know it, I know it, fresh fluid is brown by 40,000. The box will still run OK and even do another 100,000. But by 80,000 it's black and starting to chew into the box. But average Brit driver won't see or notice it, because at Brit miles (say 10-12,000 a year) he'll not notice the decline or will have changed his car before the next flush is due. And the last owner puts it on the pile.

You can get away with only doing frequent flushes, but at Brit miles, that's only every 3-4 years, so far from frequent at all. The thermostat is perhaps overkill, but I did it anyway yet, my caveat stands, if you drive it, you'll need a cooler. I drive mine and I tow. But the cooler is there in spite of, not because of the towing.

And I've got £500 that says if you car has fluid over 40,000 it's brown, if over 80,000 it's black and chewing your box. At the very least flush. Magnefine of course.

But now I'm repeating myself.

Thank you Robert. And thanks for the vids - must take you forever to do.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Dec 22nd, 2016 at 02:30.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote