View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 23:18   #50
Agro

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Laidlaw View Post
sorry for the 'holy thread resurrection' moment
But my XC90 had the oil overfill issue in March this year whilst still under warranty, dealer just drained, refilled I was told. I wonder if they did a forced regen or not? They were remarkably quiet about the whole thing really.
Anyway fast forward to this week, I decided to have a quick look at the car status and it shows the oil level again overfilled (no warning lights though).
The car is out of warranty so I'm wonering whether it will be sufficient just to get a local 'Kwik Fit' type of organisation to do an Oil change and filter change?
That way the level will right again at least.
Car is driving OK, it's on a 4 year lease until May 2021 but it's making me nervous as of course during this strange year it's not being driven enough...
thoughts?
Depends if you are due for an oil and filter change. If not then go to a chemist and buy a large 50ml or larger syringe, then a hardware and get a 400mm length of 4mm ID micro irrigation riser tube that will fit onto the syringe (you may also be able to get something similar from an auto parts store). Stick the tube down the dip stick hole and suck out as much oil as needed until you reach the middle of the min/max level. Check the level regularly and repeat as required.

Tip.. Remove the syringe from the tube rather than pull the whole thing in and out each time.