View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2019, 15:01   #13
05XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy90 View Post
Recon appears to be around £200 /£300 +vat. He said he'd have to charge around 500+vat for fitting. A local form in Gray's quoted £500+vat all fitted and flushed etc.

To me, he's supplied a vehicle that could potentially be dangerous so he should correct the issue? Cars only done 65k and I've not done 400miles since buying it. I'm going to try citizens advice bureau as I'm lacking in knowledge of civil matters

I'm no expert but a steering rack going at 65k seems excessive, I'm assuming it's a new enough XC90 is the mileage is so low and I'm sure you've shelled out a lot of cash on it in that case (as in somewhere around the £10k mark depending on year)
The £600 for fitting seems a lot too, his hourly rate must be really high, is it a Volvo dealer or just a used car place? Was the other place charging £500+vat for supplying and fitting the rack?

Personally if I had spent that on a car and the steering rack was away within days I'd want it sorted or demand my £ back. Did the MOT in June show wear on the rack as an advisory?

I think citizens advice is the way to go as they'll make you aware of all your legal rights and have you in a better position for going back to him.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted dude
05XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote