View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2014, 01:28   #28
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Thanks for the info, Alex. I'll have a look for that power connection under the bolster but, knowing my luck with this "Sport" model, anything that could have jeopardised the weight of the vehicle seems to have been deleted. I already have an auxiliary cable, which I got from Ants so, you reckon I just need the harness from the amp to the rear speakers. Assuming it's not on my car and if it's available from yours can I have first dibs on it?
Our 1.9D was a basic S model and the wiring from the front and all the way to the rear passenger side was present. It is a grey connector with 3 wires. Black, red and brown/white one.

The rest of the wiring from there to the amp was missing as well as from the amp to the speakers. So in my case, I retrofitted this extra wires and everything worked like a treat. The extra wiring on the car MUST come from an S40 equiped with the amp. So in the case of the car I am breaking, it is not present. There was an S40 in my local scrapyard with a complete amp system and they wanted £45 for the amp, rear speakers and all wiring. So if interested, I can get it for you. Should be able to get amp and wiring for a bit less

And yes, the V40 amp has extra wiring for the two speakers and the sub. I am only guessing here, but I would assume that the V40 amp distributes the power accordingly to the rear speakers and the base. So if it was used instead on an S40, it may give a much weaker signal to the two big rear S40 speakers.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140108_010524.jpg (50.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 20140108_010834.jpg (69.6 KB, 170 views)

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post: