View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 19:41   #5
cassell
Member since 1988

Welcome to the forum and 1800ES ownership.

As others have said, parts supply isn't too bad and Simon at Brookhouse is a great source of knowledge and parts.The D Jet Bosch fuel injection system is fairly simple but parts can be difficult as some are now obsolete and used ones can be expensive if you can track them down.

Good luck with your restoration, panels are available (expensive) although most chassis and substructure components can be fabricated from sheet steel without much difficulty.

The forum general section for 1800 has many expert followers and they will be only too pleased to help you out with answers as you go along, the rest of us will be able to reveal how we overcame issues with our ES's over the years. I restored my own car 20 years ago and I'm still picking up info and tips from other owners to keep her on the road.

Post a couple of photos of your car when you have it, the chances are that someone on here will have seen it before and we'd all like to share progress with you. Gold 105 is a lovely colour too, here's a photo of mine to trigger your inspiration!

Paul
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-03-20 12.29.05.jpg (54.3 KB, 17 views)
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote