View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 09:31   #6
SwissXC90
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericVolvoDriver View Post
I've also been frustrated with my VNS' coverage in Canada. I used to get the free MapCare maps and the VNS would always be missing addresses on road trips (when they've been the same for 70+ years). Maybe it's better in Europe.
From 2009, Volvo now buy their map data from HERE.
(Previously it was someone else, I forget who. And newer vehicles form around 2019 or 2020 will use another map data supplier, I believe maybe TomTom??)

So check your map release date. Is it newer than 2009? If so, it is based on the HERE map data.
You can check the HERE map data coverage and accuracy direct on the HERE website:
https://wego.here.com/

Note of course that some delay will occur between data displayed on the website and release of new map discs by Volvo. These delays can typically be in the order of months. All depends as to exactly when Volvo took the snapshot of the HERE data to create their map discs.

But if the HERE map now contains streets that you knew to be previously missing in your area, then you can expect such streets to be available on a future release of the Volvo map discs.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote