View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2019, 18:05   #470
alanoconnor

Smile

Nearly bought a 57 plate, black S60 T5 for the Eudora alloys and was going to use it for spares for my 2005 S60 T5. It was nice - though geartronic box and beige interior (yuk).

Then someone sold me some refurbished Eudora alloys for £400.

I then went to see a 1999 manual C70 T5 coupe which was a bit of a shed but he only wanted £310. Sadly, walked away as it had a lot of rust and a grey interior on a black car (worse than beige). Bargain though but would have cost at least £5K to put right. Rare car though - beautiful lines.

I would buy another 5 cylinder T5 again.

Still thinking of buying a rebuilt C30 T5 but it's a group N and not cheap enough due to that - and I would have to sell my Rav4 to buy it which I kind of need in Cornwall when it's blowing a hoolie or if I am in Penzance as the kerbs are made of granite and I've just got my new 18 inch Eudoras and don't want them knackered.

With the cash I have spent on the T5 I could have bought a Maserati - I doubt the parts would be more expensive - but the insurance certainly would be and they are 'look at me' cars where as a Volvo is more 'leave me alone to do my thing'.

A Focus RS is a nice car but I'm 52 - I'd look like an idiot in one. There is a 50 year old geezer in a black WRX STi round these here parts and he looks like a complete dick in it. Like 'Old Guys' - 'Volvo Rules'...
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote