View Single Post
Old Mar 2nd, 2006, 20:07   #7
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish
That is not strictly true because Superchips are based in the UK and are developers of their own software. RICA are based in Holland but the UK distributor is actually fully equipped with full back to back product knowledge and equipment for complete custom mapping in the UK, not just basic changes. BSR is possibly the only one mentioned where there would be difficulty for custom mapping in the UK.

Regards,
Hamish.
Great, I didnt know we had a rica software engineer (like what marco is, even though he's MTE) in the uk!! - where are they based and who is he?

you'll have to give me there details yingying as its always good to have an alternative to marco.

Chris, best thing to do about wanting to know the figures is to do a search. You will then get real info direct from owners as its never good to believe the seller. You will also be able to compare your car against others of the same age cond and get a better idea as age\cond will affect the results.

but if you want my view, around 270-280bhp for a good nick 850t5. virtually all chips give the same power and torque, its more the way the powers delivered that makes them different, for exmaple i have a rica ecu and find it more harsh than some of the MTE cars ive been in. so it comes down to what you want, some people like the rica and some the MTE - personal choice.

Last edited by bobcat; Mar 2nd, 2006 at 20:11.
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote