View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2023, 08:39   #9
daveystoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfirstv70 View Post
Feel free to correct me but I believe you posted the following when selling your XC90 in December 2022.....

'Excuse my irritation, but there are few things more annoying than people offering their unsolicited opinion on for sale threads. If you aren't interested in buying, just ignore the post'.

I also recall you having a few ****y outbursts on the very subject.....seems somewhat hypocritical does it not? That is unless, of course, the seller asked you for your critique? I look forward to your reply.
As was pointed out above, the seller asked for opinions. On my for sale post (it was an XC70, not an XC90, by the way), I didn't, but got them anyway from people who were talking nonsense, and who went about it is the wrong way, making unhelpful and unjustified criticisms and aggressively saying that I was asking too much money. I wasn't, in the end I got pretty close to the asking price, and more than I was willing to accept, from the first person who came to have a look at it. My thread was not a discussion thread, though I was always happy to answer genuine questions from anyone with a serious interest. Because the seller asked for thoughts, it's fair enough to offer them.

The difference was, I was giving some constructive advice on specific points that would make a massive difference - the stickers on the interior look ridiculous and seriously reduce the appeal, and £6500 is preposterous money for it, around £3000 too much. The car advertised here could be made really nice with a little effort, and should sell (if it hasn't already) with a price reduction to a realistic level.

Also, I don't know what you mean by "****y outbursts". Irritable maybe, and I think with justification at some of them.

Last edited by daveystoat; Jul 31st, 2023 at 08:50.
daveystoat is offline   Reply With Quote