Thread: General: - Braided hose failure
View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2019, 11:14   #22
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatusRed View Post
I could have sworn cars are meant to have the brakes on 2 independent circuits, front right and rear left then front left and rear right so you'd only lose half your brakes if something failed.. Was this not the case?
Dunno... I can unfortunately vouch for the fact that one brake hose failure makes the pedal go into floor :P
in all fairness - even with burst hose, pupmping the brake pedal made the difference as by every pump there was like split-second of other pads engaging, before pressure drop but it wasnt case of 2 independent circuits I think.

Andy - yes, quality or design issue may be the answer, but lenght-wise those are identical to OEM (425mm measured). Thing is, being more stiff it may need that extra few mm to prevent bending OR it just didnt like my bigfoot-like suspension travel, even though its totally stock. Maybe if my car was lowered it wouldnt happen, same as I doubt it could happen to normally suspended FWD.

Ianmd - looking at ATE spec it actually looks like connections are identical, difference only in lenght. Not sure if thats true but just looks like it (well 100% 411mm and 425mms are identical, physically compared).