View Single Post
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 21:44   #5
v50inred

Edge Professional is simply a brand name for oils sold to dealerships, there is also Magnatec Professional.

Have thought about going up to the higher specced 0w30 A5/B5 but can't see the point in my high miles 2.0d which has spent that last 50k on 5w30 without incident.

I also change oil to often to get a decent return on the investment.

If I had a '12 like you I would certainly be using 0w30

If you can buy Edge 0w30 A5/B5 cheaper than the dealer can supply it then buy it and supply it to the dealer.

Though the saving is likely to make it less than worthwhile as places like Opieoils are not the bargain they initially seem unless you can get free delivery.

And the saps of Edge 0w30 is a little higher than I would like with a Dpf to protect as according to the data sheet on Opie the saps is 1.12.

The saps of the Mobil Super 3000 X1 FE 5w30 I am using is less at 0.8.

The lower the saps the better it is for the Dpf, you would really like it 0.8 and below.

£26 for 5 litres versus £40 for 4 litres is also significant for me.

Ask your dealer for the data sheet for the oil he supplies just incase there is a difference between Edge Professional and Edge.

As it was on Bobistheoilguy that I read they are identical just one being repackaged for specific trade use (Ford and Volvo dealers for example)

Last edited by v50inred; Apr 11th, 2013 at 21:51.
v50inred is offline   Reply With Quote