Thread: 19T turbo?
View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 11:27   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

Default MTE software

Good morning Carl,

We may have spoken on the 'phone recently as you figures are pretty close to those I give for the MTE software upgrade.

The MTE software upgrade will give 280bhp and 420nm. on your particular car. Your question of the effect of a 19T on your car is really answered by MTE's figures for a '99 car which is fitted with the 19T (the only Volvo to have that very turbo as standard): they are 290bhp and 420nm. The MTE software installation on your car is £299 including VAT.

So, with well written software the difference is just 10bhp with no torque increase for an outlay of at least £800 plus fitting for a 19T.

The advantage of the 'sports' twin pipe exhaust on these AWD cars is not so great as you have to leave the first silencer after the cat, unless of course you want to cut it out. Then you have the problem of not being able to fit a special downpipe with cat as there is just no space to get it into the space available on a right hand drive AWD vehicle.

If we have not already spoken I would like to point out that the MTE software is installed in your car by removing the ECU from the vehicle and attaching it to the MTE kit without opening it. There is no unsoldering, resoldering to be done or any use of stand alone devices.

If you were to have the MTE installation I would recomend you verifying the results at Well Lane Turbo in Batley who have experience of some of my customers cars in your part of the world.

I keep the Ferrita twin pipe stainless exhaust in stock in the UK.

Please call me on 01462 894100 if I can help at all.

Regards, Don.Norchi.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote