View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2016, 09:50   #548
uniqueue

PS. As an aside, are any of you handy replacing bath mixer taps? I need to do so and have just ordered a replacement online. Next weekend I will need to do the job (always delivers hero status with Mrs A when I do these type of jobs!). But the back nuts (plastic) are pretty tight and it's a confined space. I have a sneaky feeling that those pesky builders probably installed the original tap onto the bath deck before securing the bath into its final position. Great for them (I would do that too) but hopeless when needing to access it for later maintenance and replacement. If needed I can remove the bath but it just means resealing the edges with mastic. I can of course visit YouTube but just wondered how far the 'community's' talent on this Volvo forum stretches?

A decent Basin wrench - with an adjustable head - is an essential start. three arms and a spare hand helps :-) and enough space to wriggle into a position to reach and turn the wrench is useful..... depends on the layout of your bathroom and how agile you are :-)
uniqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uniqueue For This Useful Post: