View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 20:54   #1102
minstrelblue
minstrelblue

I have [barely 2 1/2 yrs old] nokian z-line suv tyres on my xc90 [ from oponeo tyres] , its a 2009 xc90 active premium, used almost daily and about 10k miles a year, the treads are still legal with plenty of 'life' left in them but i was warned on the mot about the circumferencial cracks in all of the grooves. these tyres are meticulously cared for re tyre pressures, never left idle for long periods or exposed to extreme weather but the cracks are on all 4 tyres in the grooves [not sidewalls]and according to the sidewall made barely 2 1/2 years ago.
for the life of me cannot understand how this happens on tyres of that age, one would expect tyre depth to fail before the rubber cracks. so im replacing the 2 front ones tomorrow with nexen n-fera ru1 108 v rated xl as i'm not made of money and most tyre reviews seem reasonable. when i can afford the rears they'll be changed too as it's peace of mind because i'm thinking i'm driving on a time bomb with those cracks in the grooves.TRIED asking oponeo about warranty as i felt they are faulty in construction but they made life so difficult to claim i lost heart, they said they wanted me to return all the tyres [4] at my expense and they would evaluate them [up to 6 weeks] and if agreeable they would compensate me to what percentage they felt the tyres were at fault. obviously that'd leave me without a car for up to 6 weeks, and no guarantee they would compensate me, i asked if i could drive it to an independent garage for an examination but they refused. will not be using oponeo again to buy tyres as their customer help is non existant with onerous demands for warranty queries

Last edited by minstrelblue; Sep 23rd, 2018 at 22:01. Reason: adding
minstrelblue is offline   Reply With Quote