View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2019, 10:31   #2
eternal optimist
Master Member

Can’t help with (1), mine has ACC.

(2) Have you tried polishing them to get the cloudiness off? Polishing guides are on YouTube, I’ve done a few and it’s always been worth the effort.

(3) I think your engine should have a black cover, not a silver grey one. Black means D3, so you need A3/B4 spec oils. I use Shell Helix 5w40 from Eurocar parts, usually c. £24 for 5 litres with their discount codes. If you go to Euro Car Parts, get Mann filters, don’t buy any other brand from there. There’s a Volvo dealer in the north east who has an eBay shop who will sell you a service kit at a good price. They also do Volvo’s coolant, you’ll need 4 litres and about the same amount of deionised water to do a flush. It’s also worth getting hold of some of the proper spec ATF if you’ve got an auto. Have a search on here or YouTube, there are a few different ways of refreshing the ATF and reducing the chances of an expensive failure. While you’re about it, have a look at when the aux belt and tensioner and the cam belt and tensioner were last changed. With filters, I am happy to use Mann, with belts and tensioner, for me, they have to be in a Volvo box.

Good luck with it.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote