View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 10:41   #16
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchcamV70 View Post
Update on this ... the thermostat had gone.
The idiots at Volvo fitted some kind of substandard thermostat in the D5 that clearly is not fit for purpose.
I don't think it is just a Volvo issue. It is an European built issue. I have friends with Jaguars, Land Rover, VW, Peugeot & Seat cars that have all suffered expensive component failure at low miles....it just that you own a Volvo and are reading/posting on a Volvo forum. If you were a VW owner on a VW forum you would probably say "The idiots at VW...."

Quote:
So beware ... D5 engines are absolute rubbish.
Nah, they are not! It's just the sub standard auxiliary components bolted to it that are rubbish....

Quote:
Also my parking sensors don’t work (failed at 50k miles)
My last vehicle was a Suzuki. A Japanese manufacturer renowned for fault free motoring. Parking sensors failed at 38k miles. Rears completely, fronts would pick up low flying objects like birds but nothing in front of me....The sensors weren't made by Suzuki or Volvo come to think of it. In fact they were from the GM parts bin. Just poor quality.

Quote:
along with the washer fluid motor ... also failed and actually fell apart into pieces when being removed.
I feel your pain. Mine did the same on Boxing Day just before a journey on the Motorway on a damp day to see family. The motor had the famous Fix Or Repair Daily logo on it "FoMoCo" and it too pulled apart with ease.

Go for a drive with radio off, settle back into the seat and listen to the D5. You'll soon forget about the dodgy components keeping it running...or not
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote