View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2019, 15:12   #27
eapowers64

Default 2004 XC90 Premium Audio + Subwoofer

As noted in a prior post, I have swapped out the high performance audio bits with Premium audio bits from several donor cars - premium speakers all around + center channel, premium amp, and new cd player (old one was busted). With the premium amp, the center speaker does not get a signal yet because the car (I presume this means the Central Electronic Module) still thinks it is operating a High Performance sound system. I wondered whether adding in the matrix ICM from one of the Premium Audio donor cars would have an effect. The answer is no - the center speaker is still quiet. However, note that the different ICM did not cause any problems - it was plug and play.

My understanding from a prior poster is that I need two software uploads to get Premium Sound and an active center speaker - AUD RELOAD part #8691143 and AUD PREMIUM SOUND part # 6849972.

The other piece of the new puzzle is that I added an OEM subwoofer. I know that the speaker works on the subwoofer (but not sure about the amp). Moreover, I at least did the tie-in with the MOST network via an OEM harness correctly as the audio system still works with the subwoofer as part of the optical cable ring.

I believe that I need a third separate software download to get the car to route MOST information to the subwoofer. Does anyone know what is the part number here? I think that this should be separate from the Premium Audio part #'s listed above as one could have an original installation of a Premium System with or without the subwoofer and one could also have an original installation of a High Performance System with or without a subwoofer. In addition, it is clear that a subwoofer addition later in a car's live an option envisioned by Volvo - why else would they sell a harness for doing this?

When I called my local dealer it was clear that they had never dealt with either item and, over the phone, all that they wanted to do was look up the two part numbers that I gave them. Moreover, they stated that I might have to replace the CEM to get all this to work. That does not sound correct given what I have read from all of you. What are your collective thoughts?
eapowers64 is offline   Reply With Quote