View Single Post
Old Jun 6th, 2019, 16:45   #1
ScarlettLady

Question Reduced Engine Performance message XC60

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can throw some light on a problem I'm having with my XC60 (2015). I had it in a dealership a couple of months ago to have the battery replaced (stop/go system not working) and this now works ok. Whilst in the dealership, they took it upon themselves to do a software update. Since having the software update I have a message which comes on "reduced engine performance" with a turtle next to it. This message never came on in the past and has only started since the update!

Since then, it is sluggish, lacking power and exceleration in the lower gears and seems to 'judder' until you put your foot down. For various reasons, I wasn't happy with the customer service received from the dealership so took it to a local Volvo independant garage. They've cleaned various things out and put a new manifold on which has helped a bit, but it still doesn't drive well (in my opinion), it should be smooth and responsive and it isn't. It also stalls as it needs plenty of gas when in first gear and moving away. The message "reduced engine performance" still comes on sometimes which can't be right? Has anyone had anything similar or can anyone give me any ideas what I should be doing?

Also, when the independant garage did the diagnostic check, it came up with the following message "CEM U030141 Software incompatibility with ECM/PCM - System internal failures - general checksum failure", does anyone know what that means???

I changed to the XC60 last November, I'd had a 2006 XC90 for 5-years and it was fabulous, never missed a beat and was a dream to drive, very costly on tax and fuel so decided to downsize to an XC60 and I'm now starting to feel somewhat disappointed. Any advice, greatly appreciated.
ScarlettLady is offline   Reply With Quote