View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 09:21   #24
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by javea1 View Post
Always find many so called enthusiasts such 'pillocks' when it comes to opinion of value. One sensible attitude and a bunch of no hope no money, whingers! Any item is worth what someone is prepared to pay, value guides are just that, a guide. This car is unique,and in my opinion, its value will rise substantially in future years. It featured in Volvo advertising in 1995 and looks likely to be sold to a major Volvo franchise for display and investment purposes. If I don't get the price I want I will choose not to sell it. I am not looking for the Volvo forum members to provide me any service or advice (and have been a member of the club since I acquired the car in 2006) so why the sniping comments! I am aware of two other 480's with low mileage sold in the past year for £3,995 and £3250 by dealers advertising on Ebay and on Autotrader. On this basis I , and others I have spoken to,(2 wishing to view this weekend) agree. Had the same whinging attitude from XR3 owners club members when I sold my 90' XR3i cabriolet with a mere 13,000 miles from new. "He's an idiot, only worth £1,000, must be joking, needs to look at the guides" etc, sold that car for £6,000 to a very serious collector from abroad.
So had my say, I'll either be proved right or will still have my toy to play with this summer, either way I win x "May all whingers big ends dry up and seize" (ALSO Cptn J. havent asked for any opinion of value , just advised that the car may be for sale!)
Won't bother attempting to dignify this inane diatribe with a considered response. Just one observation, does anyone else think that the photobucket pics of the 480's engine bay, and the apparent wear and tear to the driver's seat are a little at odds with claims of ultra-low mileage and showroom condition?

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote