View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 22:35   #30
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: javea1

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
And the 'Celebration' plaque on the dash is not in the same position as no 191, photos of which are published on various other 480 web sites.

On this car the plaque is well to the right of the air vent, on no 191 it's directly under the air vent.

Any other 480 Celeb owners able to confirm the location of their dash badges?

Jack
Well Jack, I think he's done a runner since I replied and reported his last little diatribe.

Or quite possibly it's a combination of that, and the creeping suspicion I'm getting, that this was possibly a write off that's been restored from the dead; or at the very least suffered a broken nose, and probably acquired a nice little plaque along the way. Something else, is that in the forum from the other place (the last one listed here) if you go to the first page, it was June 2006, and he describes the car as grey/silver with leather, 26,000 miles. The car we have seen is dark blue. It also says amongst other things, that it has an oil leak - at 26,000 miles. Reading the whole thread is very instructive; also shows the mod there to be misty eyed (confirming it as genuine from the plaque alone - in the wrong place) when he should be alert.

Sadly the DVLA no longer list the number of previous keepers, so I cannot find out if the car was really sold back then in '06. One suspects from the writing back then, and what we have seen, it is the same person, same car, same mileage (from Dec '06), 2 years plus down the road, but in a different colour.

Also, as I mentioned to someone privately, I suspect that No.1 is in the Volvo museum. If anyone knows the museum or has the inventory, that would be useful.

n. b. Attached is a pic of the dash plaque of Celebration No. 127 (genuine)

Cheers,

T
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !BUC)zig!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D0EjlLlt1SHBKLk!Ojy,w~~_1.jpg (16.2 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by T240; Jun 30th, 2009 at 23:37.
T240 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to T240 For This Useful Post: