View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2017, 23:45   #14
Tony500
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post
Your car your decision of course. We're it my car I would fit standard, if I could not find an alternate supplier then it would be Volvo and try and haggle a discount.

So many of these cars have auto boxes, yours like mine is manual, well worth keeping in my book.
My xc is the last Volvo I shall buy as anything newer has no manual option and I abore atuos, I tend to keep my cars a long time and as I am not bothered about their value as a trade in just want them working as intended, if that means £450 a shock I will start saving.

I have spent many times it's value on my landrover, but as it's for my benefit it matters not, it's what you do if you are keeping the car.

You of course may see things differently.

Paul.

If I never spent what I have on it so far I would not hold back and buy a shock from Volvo. I bought the v70 to save money as my last volvo started playing up after spending an absolute fortune lol. After doing the dpf, clutch ect I’m sick even filling it up as I’m getting 27mpg driving it easy 🙈.

Still time to save for a replacement, the mot tester never says anything about the shock. I just know it’s leaking a little and hear a slight knock... I’m just too anal with my cars tbh.
Tony500 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony500 For This Useful Post: