View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 18:33   #21
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3100 View Post
Yes

As far as I can ascertain. I can't claim credit for discovering the PID parameters. I got them from a guy on a German forum, but it has been tried on various cars with diesel and petrol VEA engines and seems to work reliably.

I have access to other aftermarket diagnostic equipment and the oil level as reported by Torque with that PID agrees with the CEM oil level reported by the other scanner, so I am happy with it.

Might be worth comparing it with a reading from Torque or other software, to be sure.

Incidentally, from what I can gather, the dashboard oil level gauge on the VEA engine cars only has three states: OK, add oil or overfilled. The graphic of a gauge is a misrepresentation in as much as the indicated oil level won't change outside of those three parameters. More dumbing down for the driver

Have a read through this link. It's quite long, but interesting!

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...92#post2479292
Great thread you linked... So a dipstick CAN be fitted!

It also confirmed my observations (made while cautiously adding oil after getting the warning message) that the e-dipstick graphic is a complete fraud, as it can only either indicate 'min' or illuminate all bars together to indicate 'max'... no intermediate reading is ever given.