View Single Post
Old Nov 27th, 2023, 18:01   #63
doktorzivago

Default I had sorted this issue with Bosch wiper blade refill rubber

Guess how I sorted this smearing water problem. I bought the rubber refill from www.wiper-blades-refills.co.uk. The only option for my V60 CC was the Bosch Aerotwins refill (though Volvo vipers are now reportedly produced by Valeo), which is somewhat 1 mm wider and the whole rubber appears and feels stronger and bulkier. But with a bit effort and either water or WD silicone lubricant spray I was able to fit this rubber into the blade. It worked a miracle and I had truly tested it last night in a pouring rain and today during the day. It wipes all water no less that perfectly.

So I just dont understand (or maybe I do), why dont companies promote that instead replacing whole wipers (wiper frames should really last years), only rubbers (that do get worn and deteriorate even if there is no obvious damage that can be seen by naked eye) are replaced.

Instead of buying new Valeo Silencio Aquablade wipers for my V60, that costs nearly £70, I paid 5.50 for the rubber.

Mind you, I read that Valeo rubbers are rubber+silicone, which actually ware of faster that rubber-only wipers.

What I will do next is that I will buy Bosch Aerotwins JET blade (A009J) when available (currently out of stock in every shop, for some reason), so the rubber will fit into it properly.
doktorzivago is offline   Reply With Quote