View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 21:29   #1
foxyloxey

Default V50 R-Design Towbar NO Bumper Cut

Picked up my Red 2010 V50 R-Design a couple of weeks back and wanted a tow bar with no bumper cut and specific electrics. Searched for pictures and a straight answer and struggled to find one so here for all who are looking too..

I got a Witter swan neck detachable from ebay for £179, the electrics £81 for genuine Volvo module, fuse, 13 pin wire with plugs and finally £56 labour and software from Volvo dealer.

No bumper cut on V50 R-Design and electrics took up out of the way, but need to be fixed at a angle, they just clear bottom edge of bumper when you pull them down.

Fitted it myself in less than 1.5 hour, hour for the tow bar and half hour for electrics.

No need to remove interior trim in boot for electrics like it says in the Volvo instructions, I managed to do it through the access cover for the rear bulb changing, the two plugs on the loom are taped up just below this on the right, can't miss them. When you have the bumper off you can pull the rear vent cover off above the rubber grommet and feed the wire up easily. The hardest bit was getting the plugs through the grommet.

I had quotes for supply and fit ranging from £480 to £635, Joke!
Volvo electrics worked out cheaper all in than other car specific electric kits too.

The electrics will not work without the software installed first.

Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (1).jpg (239.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (188.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg photo (2).jpg (187.5 KB, 30 views)
foxyloxey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxyloxey For This Useful Post: