Thread: MOT success!
View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 10:49   #11
capt jack
VOC Member

A recent trip into Leeds, where there are odd bits of smooth road in between miles and miles of speed-bumps and pot-holes, had me thinking once again about the S90's squeaky suspension.

Chatted with the guys at my local garage, and between us we reckoned at about £350 if they replace the lower wishbones complete, about the same if they change the bushes only because of the additional labour, or about £180 if I order new wishbones and do it all myself. Which I don't relish at this time of year because it's cold and I'm a wimp.

But they also said give everything 'a good dose of silicone spray, and see if that makes a difference'. Now I'd previously tried the weedy little tins of silicone spray, the ones with the red straw, from Halfords. But the garage persuaded me to invest £6.49 in what can only be described as a Silicone power shower. I reckon the jet of aerosol from this can could have lubricated a passing space shuttle.

Strategically placed sheets of cardboard masked off the driveway, and I was careful to point the tin away from anything I might hold dear.

But it's £6.49 well spent because my squeaky bushes and are now just, well, bushes!

One day I guess the bushes might end up being replaced. But not yet!

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: