View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 09:25   #5
skv70d5

Silly me forgot to measure my glow plugs before buying a compression tester, as I need an M8 adapter but my test kit only starts at M10. :-( I am hoping the manufacturer has an M8 adapter that will work with it.

The good news
When checking it the other day when cold, it was below the minimum mark, and when I took the expansion cap off it rose to half way between min & max. I then started the car and allowed it to idle until it reached running temperature with the cap still off after topping it up to the max line. The level in the tank only started to rise a little each time I squeezed the top and bottom hoses.

I have just checked it this morning after it had been driven, and the level was half way between min and max, and then rose to just under the return port after removing the cap. I then attached my CO2 tester and ran the car at running temperature for over five minutes. This time the expansion tank level did not rie, and the test fluid remained blue, so it would seem that I do not have CO2 in my coolant.

I still intend to perform a compression test once I get an adapter.

Observations
Although the top hose is hot, the bottom one seems to be cold (I mistakenly stated earlier that both hoses were hot). Is this normal or could my thermostat be stuck in the open position?

Also, with the fans on max and the AC turned to max heat, the driver side of my LHD car gets good heat and good air speed; however, the passenger side gets less heat and little air speed. Does this indicate that my dust and pollen filter needs changing or do I have an AC problem?