View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 17:31   #25
pigapumbu
Roary The Racing Car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat View Post
Just to calrify, its not actually a engine just a block and crank web. They were left at swautos as scrap over 2 1/2 years ago with a load of other bits from when stuart built ashoks engine.

the crank had allready been given to ashok a while back and stuart sent out the rods and pistons from the engine to andyp for a nominal fee (loss in stuarts case) of £50 i believe. so i think he's been more than helpful.

I love how people seem to think that swautos is a charity and that they can all get something for free, ie alot of the posters seem to think it acceptable to ask swautos to store parts for free for years, and then as soon as someone wants them back sw's should drop everything, spend their time looking for them and them package them ready for collection - and all this for free.

Im sure if those wanting these parts pay for the storage costs, then pay stuart at his hourly rate for the time he spends looking for them, chatting to the person that comes to collect the item etc (maybe near £100 and hour as he's building RB's at the mo) he would be more than happy to get the bits together himself, if not just to cover the costs he has incurred so far speaking to people on the phone asking to come and pick the bits up, people that have come down in person and asked for the parts!!!!

all those people that think the above is wrong, then how about you come down to mine at the weekend, as i have a shed full of volvo bits that need cleaning\striping\sorting out etc - all this will have to be done for free offcourse.
You have a point. Perhaps you need to make it clear there will be a charge in the future or something like that and stick it up at the garage. Then there can none of this expected

"handouts". Thank god for me at least the Indie I use to service my volvo doesn't charge me for the time he takes to talk to everyone of his customers explaining the work done, parts that went wrong, how to do it up etc. And he certainly spends a lot of time explaining to us who aren't mechanics. Mind you I have never heard him tell me that he is going to charge me time when he calls around to find a quote on parts even though he has cars lined up in the garage to work on.

cheers