Thread: EBS recall
View Single Post
Old Apr 20th, 2020, 07:59   #5
MickPerry

Default Got mine too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60041 View Post
There has been some discussion on the SPA section of the forum regarding the recall to upgrade the software on the emergency braking system on 2019-2020 models, but I have not seen any mention of this on the XC40 section, so I was half expecting to get one for our V90, but I was surprised to receive the recall notice for our XC40 in the post this week instead; has anybody else had one?
Obviously our car is not going anywhere at the moment, so it could be some time before we get the chance to have the work done.
I got my letter (dated 06/04/2020) two weeks ago. I was a bit surprised as I’d only taken delivery of my brand new XC40 on 11 March. I’d have thought that as part of the PDI the dealer would have checked for the latest software.

My dealership is now totally closed with no means of contact. I phoned Volvo Customer Relations on the number in the letter. I was told not to worry that the braking system generally was ok, only the Automatic Emergency Brake System was affected. That’s what the letter said so my call wasn’t productive. I guess I’ll just have to wait until my dealership reopens to get it fixed.

I have driven less than 300 miles because of the lockdown and have some queries over braking but I’ll post those to a different thread.
M
MickPerry is offline   Reply With Quote