View Single Post
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 16:09   #45
P1800 ES

Weather was mild and dry today so popped to the car this morning to do a bit of tinkering.

I replace the oil line that runs from the block to the pressure gauge hard line as it was leaking quite badly. A bit fidly but didn't take long. The engine is 100% leak free now. Just needs a good degreasing and jetwash now.

It hasn't been started for well over a month and it took a little cranking at first, but it fired up nicely and ran well afterward. After the first start it would fire up immediately with no throttle needed and had a nice smooth idle; so it seems to be running really well now.

I took it for a brief run up the road and it pulls really well indeed and sounds strong and healthy. Not bad for a car that's been sitting idle for so long.

I did another compression test and the results are much better now too. Just over 160psi on all cylinders except one which showed about 180psi. I did crank it quite a bit longer on that cylinder, so i suspect that's why it read so high. If i cranked for longer on the other cylinders they would probably read a bit higher also.

Oil pressure was very good took and reading 50+ psi even when up to temp.

P1800 ES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to P1800 ES For This Useful Post: