Thread: V70 HID kit
View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2016, 09:36   #7
Model flyer
Master Member

Hi my son fitted a HID kit bought on eBay to a p2 S60 a few years ago. Much better than any normal bulb upgrade available . He never got flashed for dazzling oncoming traffic and they passed the mot with no problems and they gave excellent visibility. He bought/fitted a 5000 kV kit . Since then I bought my P3 V70 with HID lights. The standard bulbs were 4300 kV and while ok are not a patch on the 5000kv I replaced them with when one of the original failed. The replacements were cheap bulbs bought on eBayand cost about £28 a pair.Far more friendly than the £103 Volvo were asking per bulb at the time. They have been in the car now for two years with no problems. The light is white ,is very good and cuts through rain very well giving good visibility . I have also bought a set of spares that are 6000kv These still give a good usable light but do look just slightly blue from a distance. Any higher kV and the useable light diminishes. Just my opinion ,the optimum is 5000kv for my night vision but may not suit other drivers.

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Model flyer For This Useful Post: