View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2018, 16:01   #5
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Necam EGI DFCO valve

There is a valve (DFCO) sitting in the bottom of the distributor. To test this, with the engine running, pull its plug-connector. Your engine should stop immediately.
If this test fails, the DFCO membrane is not working as it should.
Stretch the spring which sits under the rubber diaphragm/ membrane of the distributor. If this fix fails, you will need to buy one of those Necam distributor rebuild kits you see on eBay. Remove the aluminium cap at the bottom of the dizzy. Change the diaphragm/ membrane.

Sometimes the small rubber-tip of the DFCO valve is worn. Fortunately a new DFCO is not an expensive part. Be aware there are two versions of this part. Cost about £40 on eBay.

More on Dizzy cleaning
Clean the dizzy V-grooves with a 0.15 mm feeler gauge, but nothing larger. The kits usually come with one. The slots are soft and easily damaged. If one slot is particularly clogged, being made for a 6-cyl engine, swap it with one of the spare connections on the distributor.

The stepper motor itself is not easy to check without changing the part. Sorry.

To pressure-test the vaporiser and distributor you need an M6 screw thread. I’ll cover that when I’ve a mo’

WORK IN PROGRESS
Attached Images
File Type: png NecamDFCO 01.png (101.1 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg Dist Recon Kit 09-08-14 01.jpg (77.9 KB, 97 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CleaningNecamDistributor English.pdf (54.2 KB, 76 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Apr 8th, 2018 at 16:10.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: