View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 21:58   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeng82 View Post
Long shot but wondering if someone has an answer as Volvo Uk have given a difference of opinion..........

When ordering my car i was informed Android Auto can be installed one of two ways:

Factory build called Smartphone Integration
Or Dealer option which is just Android Auto and Carplay downloaded onto the car.

Both cost £300, so here is my question.......

Volvo Head Office informed initially that there is a difference and if i knew i wanted it, order as part of the build as its a different setup/hardware from factory build. Where as the dealer supplied is literally just software.

I called Volvo again to try and understand the difference and told there was not any.

So over to the knowledgeable crew on here...... Any clarity
There used to be a difference as you did not get the second USB port but now you do so there is no difference between factory or dealer fit any more. Check with your dealer that they fit the second USB.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote