View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2020, 17:57   #17
gothamus

Default Key

Arcturas, you just have to leave me with some theory that feeds on my worries now I have well cured LocTite Red on my cam nut. (jokes)
As best as I could make out woodruff was in place, sufficient to work on the gear and behind. I couldn’t move it anywhere with some small hardware pressure applied.
The blue seems too weak to be applied to anything of that intensity or motion and apparent force. It’s is best used to hold screws in place against regular vibrations while not being compromised by heat. It’s in every piece of technology hardware we have since it takes little to remove. I’ve ended up with plenty of mini tubes of it from such assemblies. I’ll make it a parting gift to any visitors.

Rural southern mechanics are great sources. When I was a kid in the Southeast US we took all our foreign cars out of the city. They always had some slight tweak or insight that worked. For them the weakness in good cars was overly worrying Euro engineers are yankee union assembly. I think their kids are building BMW and Mercedes cars in S.C. or Georgia.

Today’s a cold windy day again. Ugh. Good day to test that heater. (Anybody else find that no matter how hot and stuffy inside, their toes stay cold? I’m trying to design something to address that. Eliminating rearward heating didn’t make any difference. Removing the heating channel between seats, no change. Cold toes!)
gothamus is offline   Reply With Quote