View Single Post
Old Jan 26th, 2020, 16:31   #24
CosmicBike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Why would you want a break from cycling? Rider and road in harmony. Especially in winter, I do mean that seriously. Deep joy.

You seem to know a lot mre than me about the 240. But it sounds a litle like MAF. How are the code reader results and other tests? Can you borrow a known good MAF for a while? Please don't buy a new ne unless sure of needing it.

Good luck.

You do have winter cycling boots? And mittens?
Super keen cyclist, just not feeling it this morning at 0445hrs before work.. Fully equipped for year round, MW81 boots down to 0 degrees, Northwave below that.

No codes FWIW, I've done a fair bit on the beast the last few weeks in terms of fault findin, MAF and O2 are OK, TPS and ICV all tested/cleaned etc as OK. Throttle body done.

I reason that since the ECT sensor advises the ECU of engine temperature, and as a consequence fuelling, that if it is a bit iffy it will assume the engine to be warm (read that somewhere) and fuel accordingly. I think this would give my symptoms as it would be under-fuelling until the engine is actually warm.

I'm going to do some testing when I get the time off, but will likely order a generic new ECT sensor like this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fits-Volv...53.m1438.l2649
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote