Thread: V70 T5 Estate.
View Single Post
Old Jan 14th, 2009, 15:50   #16
coldfield

Thumbs up V70 T5 Mods ????????

Got an email today from the guy i purchased the car from.

He's telling me that a friend of his from university spent time under the bonnet adjusting the Boost, and thinks he fitted somthing to adjust the boost ???
The car has Koni shocks that are adjustable, he has fitted a new air filter that is not a standard one, have taken a look at the filter but there is know indication as too which filter it is! A strut brace has been fitted to the front of the car.
The car has a very distinctive sound on start up and when driving around.
There are firelli tyres on the front and kumho on rear, 16inch.
When reaching a certain speed on gear change there is a very slight noise, all i can compare it too is a whoosh noise.

He is saying that most of the mods were done by the guy who HE purchased the car from.
Have asked him to try and contact the guy who had the car before him so i can get a better idea as too what has been done...I WONT HOLD MY BREATH!!

Anyways.....doing my best to find out about the mods, as you can see i am no expert on the subject.

I live in North London, maybe there is somebody on this site local to me that i can take the car too so they can take a look and give me their opinion.

Oh yeh, he said that he has NO proof of any mods done!!!

All i know is, the car is extremly fast in all gears especially 3rd.
Like i said in previous posts, i have owned the 850R (standard) i thought that was fast, this one would leave it standing
coldfield is offline   Reply With Quote