View Single Post
Old Jul 7th, 2009, 20:07   #6
Nick Fortey

Quote:
Originally Posted by achapski View Post
130 Mph !!!!! You must be having a laugh.....Let me tell you forget about a one year ban...you can get that in jail.....

If you had the misfortune of going to court and the magistrate is off sick and you go before a district judge and he is in a bad mood and he hates speeding drivers you have had it.

A district judge differs from the normal magistrate in that he does not need a clerk of the court to advise him on the law...he is the law!! I`ve known some horror stories for drivers. He can quite easily send you to jail in the blink of an eye for as long as he can...and if you kick off he can give you another 6 months for dis respecting him and the court.

I have endured being banned and it is no laughing matter.You can lose everything..job...house....wife....family...friend s....and your only friend will be self pity.......( not me but happened to a mate of mine)I just lost my job and went bankcrupt and my wife nearly left me as she did not like her carrer change as taxi driver...unpaid!!! Some people continue to drive and get caught again and go to jail with another 3 years and it becomes a perpetual cycle. It does happen.

If you want to drive at 130mph I would suggest that you arrange a trackday
and some lessons on how to do it without killing yourself.
Driving like that on a motorway in the UK is pathetic. Ever killed a family of four before??????
Shame one of these judges is never available when, Britians rising tide of violant ass holes and rapists and child murderers are in court