View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2018, 14:03   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henners29 View Post
Thanks for the reply. My average speed on the motorway isn’t crazy air around 75 - 80 I’d say, I don’t bomb it around. I’ll check the tires.. a friend said winter tires might make a difference as well. It did seem low to me. Is there anything else that could be contributing?
It’s always been around this figure. I changed the oil recently and even cleaned out the egr, air inlet and intake. Got rid of all the gunk build up. Replaced the swirl flaps and link arm.. so was hoping that would get a few MPG
Would love to get it higher.

That’s a good point.. I hadn’t tried reving when the power steering plays up. Both sound a pricy fix!?
well there is your answer regarding fuel consumption 75 - 80 mph .. there is a huge increase in wind resistance once you get to 70 and more , even though the car still seems effortless to drive . Try 60 to 65 and your consumption will drop a lot .. Switch your fuel display to instantaneous and you will soon see where you are going wrong when it drops below 20 mpg …

any job these days on any make of car is expensive , either that or we have not had a pay rise for ten years ..