View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2015, 17:17   #3
rogerthechorister
Rogerthechorister

Default Gauge?

There is no temperature gauge on the autobox so the only thing I can see is getting hot is the engine. If there is a way to test the autobox temperature I would be glad to know.

The entire cooling system was flushed with something like radflush as step 2 when I started after this problem. Step 1 was change the thermostat which was a bit bent and a funny red colour. Step 3 was reverse flush with a hose. Step 4 was new rad. Each step has brought a slight improvement.

There is no trace of overheating when not towing despite considerable abuse. I am using no water. There is no oil filler cap foaming nor blue smoking and I am using pretty much no oil. So I much doubt whether it is head gasket.

If I had (completely) blocked coolant channels I would have overheating (or a warped block) when hooning it. If it had partly blocked coolant channels flushing with radflush would I would have thought effect major improvement.

The ATF was changed when I bought the car nearly 9 months ago now.

I can't see any option but to go for an ATF cooler - unless - idea occurs to me - the 960 has an autobox computer doesn't it? Can one read the codes in that with the right gadget? I know the not-quite-OBD2 stuff in the 940s does not let you do that but 960 could be different.

I gather from my previous thread that it is very normal for 960s in hot climes to go for a separate ATF rad.
940 Sport M90 estate, N reg 100k miles, ex Lovejoy.
960 Estate, N reg, 56k miles, blown up and sold.
rogerthechorister is offline   Reply With Quote