View Single Post
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 09:57   #94
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floodys View Post
Quick question on the VIDA and dice, I've got a couple of iPads, a old compaq laptop, has cd drive, won't connect to to the web but runs Windows 10, and 2 tablet/small laptops w/o cd drive that will conect to the web, so question is if I were to buy the VIDA stuff (the software I think?) and the dice (the bit that connects to the OBD plug?) do's the software when loading need any web conection? If not I can load on the "full size laptop". preferably I'd like to put it on the smaller laptops but haven't got cd drive so don't know how I'd load the software? Will it load ok, work of with Windows 10? Only ask as I've loaded PP2000 before for my peugeots and it was a pain to install the software as it needed early Windows to set it up?
I Could sell a laptop or 2 and buy one off here done but would rather keep the ones I have to save chopping and changing all my stuff on them.
One last question, I see this has been loaded on a tablet, can it be put on a iPad? Cheers

It is possible to install VIDA on windows 10 natively, but it won't install straight away same way as on windows 7. You don't need a DVD drive in your laptop, as long as you have a way of copying the content of the VIDA DVD on a USB stick.
Vindo is offline   Reply With Quote