View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2020, 00:44   #7
gatos
Premier Member

George Holmer, to answer your question, no, you can't just swap your wiring loom with a T4 one, as they are quite different. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you contacted a seller on eBay asking the same question...😁. Not only would you need the engine bay wiring loom, but also the loom under the dashboard

Best way to do it, which is much much easier to fit, is to separate the wiring for the CC from any petrol model and just fit it on your car. There are only 3 wires for the CC that go through the engine bay loom, so if you can those, then you can easily run them from the CC ECU which is located behind the stereo, then take the wires to the drivers foot well and take them out through the rubber grommet and to the CC vacuum pump on the engine bay bulkhead behind the fusebox. Same thing for the heated seats wiring. You can run then from the same place and straight to the fusebox. I helped a couple of people to retrofit the wiring and it was the easiest and fastest and best way to do it and it worked every time

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote