View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 15:52   #4
seanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthantsPete View Post
Hey
So i noticed this really weird problem after a long 360 mile run out

At about 310 miles and after a fillup of fuel ,the car goes into low power mode (not limp/no errors on dash) you try to kick down and theres just no power like there's a rabbit caught in my air intake.

So, next day fire, up problem is gone and its driving like a beast.
No issues for the next couple of days. last night it was a monster, really shifting well. I go to fill up with tesco diesel (i know i know) an add my ecomax additive.

So today i fire her up go down the motorway and theres no power again. I was driving like miss daisy, so I didnt notice until i went uphill to overtake something and couldnt. If i squeeze the throttle i can get upto any speed i like but kick down and flaw it and the revs rise slower than normal and no power.

185bhp D5 07 400nm (or 20nm in this mode!)

Any ideas? Its non permanent so it isnt the usual pipes leaking etc. and weird it happens twice after a refill of fuel. Last time i didnt have my additive so put in Shelll Vpower and this happened. L
My D3 had a split turbo pipe which would intermittently put it into proper limp mode, tell tale was that I could hear it hissing, I presume you're not hearing anything unusual on yours....
seanc is offline   Reply With Quote