View Single Post
Old Jul 9th, 2018, 17:04   #7
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
Yes, see exactly my point - CHEAP NON GEN. I am pretty sure putting jurid/pagid/mintex/whatnot brake pads costing me 13e per set on my 220HP+ car will make me regret the decision after first brake touch, but thats why I specifically mentioned OEM Brand or equivalent. ATE is the manufacturer, you can get ATE discs and pads and I am pretty sure those would work flawlesly. Cant really imagine Brembo set creating any problems. I get what you are saying as for quality (OEM with volvo sticker vs OEM brand) but in most cases its just bull**. Take for example overpriced fuel pressure sensor from Volvo costing you 80e+ and recieving a Bosh unit identical to that one bought online for 30e but with Bosh instead of volvo part number. Or better , OEM waterpump in Volvo box costing 2x more than the same (AISIN brand) waterpump with volvo logo grinded out off the casing! Same can go spark plugs etc... I really think most of this "go genuine" is marketing bull*, but that ofcourse doesnt mean you can settle for inferior product trying to imitate OEM.
u get me? :}

Oh I agree, what I said above doesn't apply for EVERY sensor/component on a car, there are plenty of drop links and other parts I've used after market for with no problems, but other components it's been well documented that genuine is the best for them.

If you're not buying the cheap cr*p pads/discs and buying the more expensive ones then you're probably not too far off the price of genuine ones?

Often people assume the Volvo stuff will be hundreds (usually the case) and just don't bother looking but occasionally they'll be surprised.