View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 19:05   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadorP View Post
This is a bit off topic, but it's curious that several of you said the 960 is more rare than the 940. In Spain the 960 is much more abundant. That's one of the reasons why I was planning on buying a 960, because there were many more deals available so the price is overal lower.

Unless you guys mean 960 estate, especifically. Here there aren't many 200/700/900 wagons available, either 40 or 60.
Here in the UK the estates seem to have been more popular when new and/or have been better looked after so the used market seems to have more estates. Also the 960 is rarely seen here in either saloon or estate form, my 760 V6 estate was also fairly rare when new with only about 400 (last time i checked) still on the road now. Out of my registration year, there were less than 100 when i checked, however with many "barn finds" and other sources providing cars that have been hidden for several years, that figure might be higher now or just lower as expected due to people percieving them to be at the end of their life due to age, mileage or perhaps accident, major mechanical problems etc.

From what you say, it seems the saloon vaariants sold better in Spain than the estates?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: