View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 18:09   #268
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Default New XC60 Model 1st Test Drive

I was invited to my local dealer today for their "Platinum Event" when I took the opportunity for an unaccompanied test drive of the new XC60 - D4 Inscription on standard suspension.

Must admit having owned from new 2 x XC60 D5's that I was very impressed on many fronts:
1. Interior Cabin - takes Volvo very clearly up a level into clear BMW/Jag/Merc territory in all areas.
2. Display Layout - loved the new dashboard and cabin screen layout, very intuitive functionality with precise feel to operations.
3. The engine was very responsive ...... and that is from someone used to a Polestared D5.

I am not planning to replace my current 2 year old car until next summer, but I am now confident that Volvo have another winner to carry on from the last XC60 range.

My hope is by next summer that Volvo will have:
a). Been forced to offer discounts inline with current XC90's discounts currently available - min of 11%.
b). Introduced the T6 into the range for MY19 - it's available throughout Europe & USA but NOT the UK yet.
My expectations of the above are pretty high especially as the UK car market over the next 12 months will be a lot lower than the last two years as firstly the FCA are going to be looking at the incorrect selling/pricing of PCP contracts often based on a far too high residual value (even more so after the recent electric car decisions!), and secondly that Volvo will be forced to open up the available options combinations just to get every possible sale in a declining market.

The dealer has my No and was confident that he will be able to make the call next summer based on the above criteria.