View Single Post
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 23:12   #19
Cull06
Master Member

It was indeed purchased via Carwow.

Pcp v contract hire. So I was of the understanding that I would reject the vehicle to Santander. Santander indeed own the vehicle. They even have the invoice for it.

Definitely no driver error I’m aware of lol!! Car just started rattling one day when I was driving uphill. I heard something drop out or a clunk noise. Rattling started immediately. The dealer later said they reckon it to be pinking/pinging. (I had to google what that was tbh). Plus after the second time I collected it - the car simply broke down. Had to be put on a loader as it was undriveable.

Volvo UK haven’t said they won’t cover the repair costs. I’m waiting to hear back from Volvo UK.

It’s Santander who have told me that the dealer can charge for repairs because it wasn’t taken to the supplying dealer. It’s Santander who have told me I have no right to reject for this reason.

Annoyed with Volvo for supplying a duff car. But that happens I guess. So long as they rectify it.

My beef is with Santander.

Will see what Volvo UK have to say. Otherwise yeah I get the solicitors involved because it’s not right me paying monthly for a car I don’t have.

Don’t fancy Being financially blacklisted if I were to stop the direct debit. Will take the legal advice on that first.

Appreciate the thoughts and advice guys.
Cull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cull06 For This Useful Post: