View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 09:04   #8
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisfr View Post
Tem , if you look at the description of the whole active beam technology in the volvo online manual, it is clear that the description is , well unclear. This is because volvo have tried to discribe both systems on one page with no clear distinction between them. Volvo seem to do this a lot with their discriptions.
There are two types of active beam . Main and dipped. They are totally seperate systems with different headlight part numbers and software.
Main beam active headlights functions around the main beam , so you can literely drive with your main beams on all the time and not hack off the oncoming traffic because the radar blocks out part of the beam that dazzles oncoming traffic. Then there is active dipped, like mine which bends the beam around corners controlled by the steering wheel.
Active main has a function which changes the dipped beam over to rh traffic via your sensus menu as you have discribed. Active dipped does not. Yours would pass a french mot , mine got slung out. Why this difference? Because the bloke who designed it decided it was going to be that way. I dont know if you have a headlight leveling wheel below the dash next to the boot and filler cap buttons, but i domt, so i cant even drop the beams a bit to pass the french mot.
Looking at your signature......do you have the new model XC60 or the older one?