View Single Post
Old Jul 11th, 2019, 16:32   #34
gothamus

Default PCV Valve

Crankcase flow is something I have considered and would like clarification if I have mis-understood. The images indicate where I have a PCV Valve, which I called a 'one-way valve'. Item # 11 in one diagram. Since it's a B20, air is meant to flow in and not out of side vent. A valve seems necessary to avoid gases flowing out (I have gone without in the past and gases will go in and out whenever the pressure is correspondingly positive or negative). I don't know what dynamic at play would have positive pressure be relived via the manifold nipple only. I suppose the same thing that keeps pressure from going out the oil dip stick? The crank case breather would allow more air to escape than the manifold, whatever draw exists there. It's a tiny hole!

I have a bunch of PCV Valve's sitting around and I am unsure which one I should fit or how they are measured. Part numbers but nothing to distinguish one from another on the shelf. I think the one I picked looks most like the one image I found some time ago. I've thought about it much and never been sure.

About the pressure sender- the leak is precisely around the copper connector embedded in some petroleum byproduct. The old one is made of a harder material, perhaps baclite. It wasn't broken, just dirty, old and messy. I will replace it if it fails. No leak this morning. I'll see if I can drive not the highway this evening without too great of pressure.

Still running hot. Going to be hot and hotter days for the next week. How hot is really too hot and calls for critical stop? Right now I am waiting until convenient to pull over. Never more than a few minutes. Top end I measured is 220f/104c degrees. I measured under each plug and got 193/90 degrees on all 4. Imperfect measure, I know. Night time running does not hit the top of the mark on gauge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PCV Valve.jpg (54.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png PCV B20.png (224.8 KB, 6 views)
gothamus is offline   Reply With Quote