View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2018, 00:32   #24
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Essentials: Put a Heatsink on your Stepper
Here's another essential trick. Those of you that have read my replies to threads know I got into Necam systems by accident. I have an electronics background, and when my system went lumpy, I started to look around for info. I found zilch. So I got the stuff onto my workbench.

Whilst I'll always kow-tow to 'classicswede' on this forum for his vastly greater knowledge over the wider sphere, my little kingdom has become these systems. Whereas most LPG/CNG pros just component swap, I get my hands dirty with the sparky bits.

Now, if you've been following the plot so far, you'll know the stepper-motors cook and once fried, give up the ghost. There's a Triac in there that is borderline for the job, and heat finishes this component. I'll say it again, you have got to move the dizzy & stepper assembly, else if you don't, it'll cook.

But, here's the thing, and with the aid of a digital IR Thermometer, I've only nailed this down in the last 18 months.

What the IR Thermometer told me, is, you still need to fit a heatsink...

WORK IN PROGRESS
Attached Images
File Type: png IR Thermometer.png (154.3 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; May 10th, 2018 at 00:35.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote