Thread: Weekend bugs
View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 20:15   #1
Lexman8
Premier Member

Default Weekend bugs

Had a long weekend in Scotland. Several new problems appeared:
  • PA disengaged twice with audible warning and 'Pilot Assist cancelled by user intervention' although I did nothing to cause this
  • Nav screen took longer than usual to appear on driver's display after start-up; took 6 minutes on one occasion
  • Steering wheel buttons on RHS stopped working
  • BLIS stopped working on nearside and hasn't worked since although no error showing
  • Satnav stopped responding
  • Trip stats wouldn't update regularly
  • At a steady speed the instantaneous fuel consumption fell to 20 mpg for ~10 mins every day for 3 days. Seemed like DPF was regenerating.
I'd guess that some of the above are inter-related and most things resolved themselves eventually but the BLIS fault looks like yet another dealer visit. I like the car a lot but not sure I can tolerate the (seemingly) never ending problems.

On the plus side, I filled up the tank before leaving Glasgow and it was still showing 3/4 full when I arrived home 230 miles later. The VoC app reports that the car did 50.7 mpg for that journey.