View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 20:50   #43
dingov70
Master Member

Evening all , my side light & angle eyes/ stop light fog / brake lights & main beams are LED , indicators are still tungsten as i refused to buy another very expensive solid state flasher unit . Being totally honest I bought most things including the chrome wrapping film off Ebay .

My rear light units are factory fitment with no problems , I decided on LED as I got fed up of checking bulbs on every vehicle we own ( rmember my job ? , MOT tester ! . Busman's holiday that one ) . It began with my Merc Sprinter as they have a taste for trashing number plate lights . I then installed LED's in the roof area to light the load area . Very little current used & almost daylight levels of light from 3 x 25mm wide discs .

The film is actually used to wrap car bodies & such like , changing colours , adding carbon fibre effects or simply making your car look like it was chrome plated . If you use the film , my advice is to cut the film to size with the backing in place , remove one edge , heat & smooth down carefully . Stretch as required CAREFULLY to remove bumps Etc.

As for Halfrauds & "offroad only " , ask them . They are probably covering their arses incase of a liabily claim